Report on Beni Mazar Center – June 2015
By God’s grace and thanks to the support and kindness of our friends especially in the Netherlands.
The center in Beni Mazar was refurbished, finished and furnished according to the below cost.
Cost in Euro
|Rebuilding of walls
|3||Plumbing and sanitary works||
|4||Doors and windows (Woodwork and aluminium)||
|5||Plastering of walls||
|6||Painting of walls||
|7||Tiles and ceramic floors||
|8||Small chairs and tables, wooden benches|
|Desk, chairs for teachers,|
|12||Cooker, Kitchen, utensils||
The center has been welcoming children and their parents for more than six months now.
Children who come daily and enjoy love, care and the facilities are around 65 children.
They have learned how to pray to their heavenly father, memorized about 6 psalms and 25 Bible stories. They have learned many hymns and songs which they enjoy singing.They have been learning basics of Maths, Arabic and English languages as well as general knowledge with emphasis on cleanliness, hygiene. They enjoy their play time and the Montessori projects which help develop their abilities. They are given a healthy meal to ensure healthy growth
Mothers & Parents
Gathering for mothers were made twice a month.
The teachers and staff welcome the mothers and sometimes the parents and may be the siblings very warmly. By now they have become very familiar and close to them.
They discuss with the mothers their children’s problems.
Every month about 55 mothers attend awareness sessions.
Mothers now feel that the center and the team are their trusted advisors on any problem they may face
Since most of the parents are not only very poor but also illiterate and accordingly with very little awareness, some of the topics that were discussed in these sessions:
- Cleanliness & hygiene (how to keep their children, homes and surroundings clean – how to clean the food they give their children
- Importance of prayer at home
- How to make a healthy meal for the family with the very little money they have explaining about the elements needed for growth and how they can get them in
- Violence – explaining how violence with the children has a negative effect on their characters and will harm their future
- How to deal with the difficult child
- Encouragement: The importance of encouraging their children
The doctor has been visiting the clinic regularly.
He checks around 40 cases every month and follows up with the cases that need to be followed.